Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elysium Locations

+4
Sigfried Le Danois
Domnal Boruma
Brother Dominic
Simon Molendinarius
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Elysium Locations Empty Elysium Locations

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:12 pm

We have already had a suggestion for the University in York for out Elysium site. Does anyone else have suggestions?

We must consider a number of factors:

-Security and secrecy concerns.
-The location must not be shameful to the domain in appearance.
-The location should be a truly neutral ground, not providing undue influence from any clan.
-The location must not feature potentially offensive icons or materials.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Elysium Locations Empty Re: Elysium Locations

Post by Simon Molendinarius Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:32 pm

I find it odd that no one wishes to comment on this. This was a lively discussion during previous months. Has this topic simply lost its appeal?

Personally, I am inclined to not choose the University, as it has a number of learned men working on the premises. Such people are not safe to be around if we wish to keep our dealings somewhat private. Beyond that, the building is a public one, not meant to be secure, and security is of the top priority for me. We must be able to meet with the knowledge we are not in danger.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Dominic Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Dominic speaks:

Your Grace, if I recall correctly the other location that had been suggested when we last held discussion of where to host Elysium was the Mint, which had some advantages over the University as regards security and privacy. But, I am not sure that the mint embodies the requisite degree of grandeur for such esteemed meetings.

As to the privacy of the Unviersity, I will say that the university in York is a relatively under-used university compared to the more thoroughly established Studia Generale such as Cambridge and Oxford, or the esteemed universities of that status abroad. And yet, being constructed on the proper scale for its eventual eminence, the University structure is certainly large enough that we could easily utilize only portions that are not in use at all by the Kine churchmen and scholars who study there.

I am not an expert in matters of security, but I do know that church construction has always offered a fair degree of protection against intruders, and presumably we could fortify various elements of the building if we so wished.

None of this is to suggest that the university will meet your requirements; as you said, we need not even presume that elysium be established in the city of York, but I cannot think of a building more suited to the majesty of Elysium than the university, so I am looking for ways that we might be able to mollify the other concerns you raise, to ensure that our Elysium is a place worthy of this auspicious honor.
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Post by Domnal Boruma Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:16 pm

As I will be taking up residence closer to my new area of responsibility, my former Haven is available for use as an Elysium. It has the size to comfortably accommodate the court and it is secure.

Domnal Boruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:04 pm

*wraith will stand up*
I am working on a underground tunnel system if any of you Lords and Ladys wish me too add your Personal havens too my list of tunnels I will do so they can be used too travel to were court is without worry of being attacked or escape from being attacked.
*bows a reseats himself*

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:29 pm

...You are digging tunnels underground? Have you cleared this with your Baronet? I certainly never heard of such a thing and am quite confused by this statement...

Moreover, Court will not be held at Elysium. Court moves between the various Baronies within Yorkshire. It will not be held at a singular location. Elysium is a meeting ground for visitors and for those who which to hold Salon on nights when there is no Court.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:27 pm

Wraith, where do you live? You are not sworn in my lands, and I do not think you are sworn into the Lady Valencia's unless you are part of that leper colony that was brought up last court night.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by Giric Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:33 pm

:Looking a bit nervous:

"My lord, wraith and those of his clan sought out my aid, and thus your aid, in their representation at court.  I was given to understand that you had accepted them under the terms at that time, and that they had generally laid claim to the underbellies of society throughout the lands.  This had the Baron's approval, but was all before Baron Molendinarius set up the system of Baronets of course, so perhaps matters haven't been brought through to full formality."

Giric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:38 pm

Yes I had. But I have also been informed as of last court that there are a great deal of Nosferatu who are not among those within my domain, including they of that leper colony. A few things Wraith has said in the past make me believe he is among them, and I ask to confirm my suspicions.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Marius clears his throat.

"Excuse me Chamberlain, Baronet. Clan Nosferatu, represented by both One-Hand and Wraith here have sworn their fealty to Countessa Valencia, through me. They did this as residents of Scarborough. I was unaware that had discussed any form of representation with you, Chamberlain."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:38 am

*Wraith will stand up and face the Chamberlin and the Baron*
My Lord Chamberlain *bows his head* MyBaron *bows deeper*
To the question asked yes I do live in the leper colony and have given my oaths to both Marius *bows slightly* and to the lovely Lady Countessa Valencia *bows with flourish*
As the Most seen but *shrugs* easly forgotten of My Clan we were of the thought that the Leper Colonys as well underground were are domain?. I do hope we are not incorrect in our understanding of things?*tilts head too the side*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:02 am

"For clarity, this is the first I have heard of tunnels being dug under Yorkshire. Such activity has not been approved by myself, nor by Countessa Valencia to the best of my knowledge."

Back to top Go down

Post by CountessaValenciaMontalvo Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:09 am

*Valencia stands and bows*
It is true, they are under my barony. I was unaware of these tunnels and was not sought out for approval on such a project. Wraith, you and your clan are to stop this immediately untill we have discussed why and where these tunnels are being built.

CountessaValenciaMontalvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:41 am

I want this resolved and an accounting of what has been done already. There is a grave difference between possession of the subterranean areas and building more of those areas.
Perhaps you can enlighten us now. Wraith, where have you been digging? Be precise.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:36 pm

For now, lets get back to the actual matter at hand.

Domnal, can you tell us more about your proposed location.

Regarding the University. I will consider this possibility if there is some discussion on security measures and control of the local mortals. Whatever location we choose will need to be under someone's supervision, so I would like to discuss ideas for granting someone this honor, and the requirements that would go with it.

One reason for concern is that large gatherings of our kind have been known to cause odd occurrences, to say the least. How can we protect the sanctity of such a place, let alone the accrued knowledge held therein, from such harms, or the harms of our enemies.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Domnal Boruma Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:48 pm

I have been residing in a holdfast some three miles outside York proper. The place has size, defensive walls, and can easily support over 100 souls. It would be a simple matter to make the place a matter of kindred refinement.

Domnal Boruma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:10 pm

I am willing to take responsibility for securing and maintaining whatever site is chosen. My experience with the Abbey and my capabilities make me, I feel, fairly uniquely suited to such a task. There is a rising popularity in more populous Courts of expanding the Keeper's role to include the protection of the Elysia within the Domain. While it is by no means assumed nor is it a default requirement of the position, it is a role which lends itself well to the Keeper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Dominic Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:45 pm

I would also be willing to take responsibility for governing the site of Elysium, assuming your grace considers me capable enough to do so. Unlike some in this domain, I have not shown myself to be unable to manage the responsibilities that are already on my plate. I would not want to further tax the resources and attention of any who have demonstrated that they are already attached beyond their limits.
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:16 pm

Fortunately I can claim the same freedom. My limits far exceed my current responsibilities, as agreed by Lord Mithras who recently asked that I assume the mantle of his Seneschal. Among a multitude of reasons I refused was the fact that I consider the establishment of a Yorkshire Elysia a bit of a personal project, which has yet to reach completion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Dominic Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:25 pm

"i apologize if my concerns were an affront, Father Marius."

Dominic's voice remains even and calm.

"I, for one, was simply surprised that the colossal blunder which occurred because of your misplaced trust in one under your accounting did not give you pause regarding the thought of expanding your responsibilities to the protection of Elysium itself, nor did you think that the task of cleaning up after your errant ward, whose schemes have wreaked havoc beyond our domain, would perhaps require your attention in a way that might interfere with increased responsibilities here in York."
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:49 pm

"They most certainly were, Brother Dominic, but my pride is not so great that I cannot understand your concerns, even if they are unfounded. While my so-called Ward's actions were morally bankrupt and disgusting, he was actually better controlled than you may believe. I have had Thomas under constant surveillance for several months, and have been compiling a record of his every contact in kine society. You see, Thomas' disingenuous behavior caused much concern in me quite some time ago, but I knew that I could not merely end his life not knowing the contingencies he had made. I was unable to act against him until I knew those in my service who remained loyal would be able to subvert the influence Thomas brought to bear on these Kine. It took several months to make such inroads, and required that I earn his trust and convince him that he was fooling me completely. To give one example of this, it was only after I spoke out on his behalf as a paragon of Via Humanitas that Thomas finally instructed his Retainers to work with mine in the establishment of a new Convent in Scarborough. It was that act which introduced my Retainers to the last of his mortal contacts. Had I moved prior to this, I would have no way of preventing his mental manipulations amongst the Kine from being enacted, resulting in much strife and death."

Marius shrugs.

"Do not mistake me. Thomas, as a Cainite under my accounting, was my responsibility and I have every intention of doing suitable penance for the acts I was forced to permit him to perform in the interests of mitigating the long term ramifications. I simply feel I managed that responsibility as well as could be expected given the circumstances. Any of us can be lied to, as demonstrated in our Ba'ali interrogation by the lack of Auspex in this Domain. What matters is how we handle being lied to and manipulated. Thomas is in route back to his Clan, to be, shall we say, Mentored by Mithras himself. He attempted several escapes, all thwarted by myself. He established several contingencies, mostly involving murder and suicide, which are even now being prevented from occurring by Thomas' own men. I feel I have dealt with the matter of his betrayal as well as such things can be. In short, while I may have been wrong to give Thomas a second chance at life and a second chance to prove himself to our society, I will never apologize for offering guidance to any pilgrim who asks it along the path to Golconda. To do anything less would be to violate my own path and beliefs. In no way, however, does this reflect on my ability to keep a building safe and secure. Indeed, if any of my recent actions speak to those capabilities or lack thereof, you need only look to the defense of Hood Abbey, and the skill with which an assault by Clan Tremere was repelled and the speed with which the damage was repaired. Indeed, the Abbey is now better off than before the battle in many ways."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendra of the Wood Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:54 pm

::Kendra clears her throat:: If the court wishes, I do know of the location of the Elysia that was in this area when it was called Jórvík, though it has been sealed for some time, and I am not altogether certain that the treasures that were within remain.
Kendra of the Wood
Kendra of the Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Dominic Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:58 pm

"We can only hope that our Elysium is also subject to a vicious attack when you leave it with no defenses, so that we may witness the impressive skills and rapidity with which you are able to reconstruct it."
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:08 pm

At Dominic's words, Marius actually chuckles. "Be careful, Brother, such public displays of petty jealousy are unwise for a follower of the Road of Bones. You seem entirely too emotionally invested in this matter. You also seem uninformed. The Abbey was never left undefended, and was not rebuilt. It was hardly touched, due largely to it's defenses, and the honorable sacrifice of a most faithful Cajnite, what little damage was done was quickly repaired. You presume much, mostly falsely."

With a dismissive wave, Marius turns to Kendra.

"It is my understanding, Lady Kendra, that said Elysia has been unsealed. Indeed, one Wraith of Clan Nosferatu claims to have visited it recently. Truthfully, I would argue against that site for the same reasons some argued against the establishment of an Elysia at Hood Abbey. It is a site of Faith and worship, and while I do not denigrate any religion, I do not think it ideal for our Elysia to have any affiliation as a place of worship. There is too much potential for the alienation of certain Cainites."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendra of the Wood Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:15 pm

The place the Nosferatu have been would only be a barrack for the old legions of the bastards of Rome. May their souls forever rot in the mirk of the lakes below.

The Einherjar built a longhouse beneath the ground, then placed a fortress of their most trusted men to guard above it. When the river flooded several hundred years ago and it swallowed the city, it took that Elysia with it. The Einherjar that escaped sealed the door and returned to the sea from whence they claim, apparently the misfortune of all their men drowning did not suit them.

I however recall the general location of this building, and as we have seen, many of the catacombs below these lands have dried, the Elysia may very well have been one of these places.
Kendra of the Wood
Kendra of the Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next