Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is Elysium?

2 posters

Go down

What Is Elysium? Empty What Is Elysium?

Post by Simon Molendinarius Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:13 pm

So elysium and its creation has been a thing lately.  This leads me to ask the STs what they are expecting by this?  There is no such concept in the dark ages.  As far as our characters are concerned it has no meaning whatsoever.  I am not sure if the idea was explained to Lady Sentia when she paid the price for it, but I certainly have no notion of what it is.  In Simon's mind it is being treated as a simple stationary meeting place for foreigners to present themselves upon arrival.  As far as I know OOC the STs have confirmed that the idea of elysium as a neutral ground hasn't evolved yet.  So when I make this elysium site, what is the intended point?

I have no real intention of holding court in elysium, as I prefer to rotate the responsibility to host between the baronets and the three sub-domains of Yorkshire.  As a group we don't have the luxury of fast travel, so the idea that it would be used as a casual meeting ground makes little sense.  Is this going to be a rarely used plot point for hosting eminent cainites, or do you intend this to have a greater purpose?

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

What Is Elysium? Empty Re: What Is Elysium?

Post by Admin Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:25 pm

Elysium: A place for vampires to meet together without fear of harm; Usually cultural locations, such as places that are considered holy, places of great artistic significance, and castles of the ruling elders.

The Elysium location is typically chosen by the local Prince in areas of artistic or intellectual worth that promote calm reflection. Gardens and ancient monuments are typical however some taverns and havens have also held this prestigious name.

Violence is strictly prohibited within Elysium, and individuals are expected to keep tempers in check. Any grievances between cainites are to be left outside, and the Keeper of Elysium or the Sheriff will forcibly remove those who cannot control themselves if need be. While this provides opportunity for both neonates and elders to relax, social conflict is often at its peak and what happens in Elysium can easily lead to repercussions off ground.

Notable Elysia during the dark ages include the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, The Baths of Diocletian in Rome, the Bahariya Oasis in Egypt, and Mont Saint-Michel in Normandy just to name a few.

Elysium is not a place to hold court traditionally as a bloodhunt in the dark ages "should" not be called while in an Elysia, as by its very nature the blood hunt and rite of destruction violate the tenets of Elysium, however it is a place where deals are made among princes, where lesser cainites can pay boons to their elders to gain even the most minor of acknowledgements and duties.

Disciplines are only allowed in the Elysium by the Prince's edict, and often at a great cost. There are stories of Nosferatu who refuse to pay the price to use disciplines and then forcibly removed if it was apparent that they had their masks on.

Admin
Admin

https://buffaloavalon.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Ok, there is no mention of this in Faith and Fire, so I didn't know how that would be treated.  To be clear though, the creation of this site would almost never be used by players?  Since we don't hold court there, and since it seems that the primary use would be for visiting dignitaries on the boards?  Is that correct?

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down