Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minor Request: new character -> new account?

5 posters

Go down

Minor Request: new character -> new account? Empty Minor Request: new character -> new account?

Post by Reynard Tisserand Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:12 am

It's not the biggest deal, but when your character changes, instead of just changing the name on your account, can people make a new account for their new character? The reason for this is so that old posts and conversations don't become confusing or mislabeled.

In case you are worried that doing so would require you to have a huge number of different email addresses, fear not: gmail supports something called "plus addressing". You actually have a bunch of extra email addresses built in to your gmail account. So if I register an account with myemailaddress@gmail for Dominic and then dominic dies (how tragic!) and Reynard comes along, i can register a new account for Reynard by simply putting "+reynard" after: myemailaddress+reynard@gmail will go to my same email inbox, but the forum will count it as a different email address. Et voila.

Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Minor Request: new character -> new account? Empty Re: Minor Request: new character -> new account?

Post by Naya Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:19 am

I agree with this wholeheartedly. If that is too diffcult/confusing, ask a staff member. We can delete the account so you can register again.

Naya

Back to top Go down

Minor Request: new character -> new account? Empty Re: Minor Request: new character -> new account?

Post by NarrLiam Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:22 pm

I would 30000% prefer a new account.

But deleting the old account will result in all your posts having been posted by "Guest" so, in a few years "Guest" would have been the most involved, schizophrenic Malkavian character ever.

Just saying.

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by NarrLiam Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:22 pm

#nextmalkconcept

NarrLiam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Bah! But then I lose my post total.

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Naya Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:43 pm

No one cares. Twisted Evil

Naya

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:55 pm

Just don't die then
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by MacLeod Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:35 am

I like that reasoning.
MacLeod
MacLeod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:22 am

@Naya. Cash me outside, how bow da?

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down