Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reynard's New Salon in York

+3
Mors
Michael Vladislav
Reynard Tisserand
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reynard's New Salon in York Empty Reynard's New Salon in York

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:25 pm

I am putting this thread here now, but since it would take some time to get this space up and running, assume that any conversation that happens here is happening in the second half of the month.

A stark contrast to the rustic Scarborough setting of Reynard's previous manor, this building in York is a model of urban elegance. Located not too far from the university, the salon is decorated with imposing chairs and benches. Some tapestries hang on the walls, and a choir's voices can be heard echoing through the chamber from a nearby room.

As always, the salon is staffed by Reynard's attendant, and any Cainite with hospitality in the domain is welcome to visit and socialize, provided that they behave themselves.

Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Reynard's New Salon in York Empty Re: Reynard's New Salon in York

Post by Michael Vladislav Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:44 pm

A young man enters the salon, dressed in clothes somewhat unusual for the region. His features are dark, with pale skin and curled hair, at odds with the reds and golds he wears.

He looks around briefly, surveying the room as though looking for someone.

Michael Vladislav

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:23 am

The Salon Attendant greets the young man,

"Are you Master Vladislav?"
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Mors Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:34 am

A faint howling sound, as of hounds, can be heard in the distance just before Mors enters the salon.  His clothes are time and travel worn, and he carries his arms and armor, placing them beside the door as he enters.  

"Good evening sir.  I'm sure we have not met before, I am Mors, the current sheriff of the domain.  Further introductions will be had later."

He finds himself an imposing chair to sit in, and seems to relax in contemplation.

((What type of music is the choir singing?))

Mors

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:56 am

((The choir is singing an arrangement of folk music. It is a bit odd, because the songs are typically sung by individual balladeers, but the effect is not unpleasant))

The Salon Attendant presents some papers to Mors and bows respectfully.
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Mors Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:03 am

Mors skims the papers and then hands them back.

"Good words all, but meant for the ears of the countessa I am sure. But I have no need to impose upon Michael until he is ready. Surely other business brought him here tonight."

Mors

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 am

"Master Reynard simply wanted to ensure that you were apprised of the situation."
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:06 am

"Is there anything that I can do for you, sir?"
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Vladislav Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:10 am

Michael nods in passing to the attendant. He seems about to ask a question when the sheriff enters.

"I am Michael Vladislav. I am here to present myself to the court of Baron...ess Montalvo" he pauses only slightly, with the tone of one remembering newly learned information.

Michael Vladislav

Back to top Go down

Post by Mors Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:18 am

"Then you've come to the right place. Pardon my demeanor, but current politics tire me. The Barons of late have not behaved in the way one would hope from one in such a high station. Still that does not excuse any rudeness I may imply with my laxness."

Mors will still up more straight in his chair,and lean slightly foward toward michael.

"Well come to Yorkshire in Avalon Michael. As sheriff of this land I need to know if you are bringing any problems to this domain. I will also warn you of the areas that you should avoid and what hazards are currently present."

Mors

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:27 am

The shrouded and masked image of the Nosferatu One-Hand can be seen sitting in a darkened corner. He merely observes the exchange.

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Vladislav Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Michael waves off Mors apology. "Worry not, my lord sheriff, I take no offense. I bring no issues here that I know of. I wish only to establish myself and provide a reason to extend the limited grant my great grandsire has provided away from his estates.

"You say there are issues here? Of what should I be wary. I had been advised in Flanders that England was quite stable.

Michael Vladislav

Back to top Go down

Post by Mors Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Mors will stand up sharply when One-hand appears.

"Are you an assassin wishing to appear from nothing? Use the door like any folk with decency, so your host can properly attend his guests. Speaking of which."

Mors will walk over and pour himself a glass of wine. Then he will pour it over one-hand.

"There, now you have partaken of the gifts our host has set out, as any who would stay a while know to do."

Mors

Back to top Go down

Post by The Listener Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:56 pm

One Hand disappears before said wine is within range of him. Just gone.

The Listener

Back to top Go down

Post by Mors Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:07 pm

(Now I am certainly going to call for a test for vanish from all witnesses. If that wasn't the case, then all witnesses get an awareness test from whatever created that. In either case that won't change the following.)

Not pouring the wine over the disappeared one-hand, mors will shrug and bring it back to his seat with him.

"A coward too it would seem. Ohwell, such is the way with nosferatu. Did you know it is believed among the christians that outward beauty reflects the condition of one's soul? Very misguided of course, but it would seem that perhaps it is not wrong in the case of that one.

Now Michael, I believe I was sidetracked in our discussion. My warnings to you are that Lupines travel these lands and one would be wise to travel more carefully than usual, if at all. And as we might have listening ears, if you have any problems pursuing you we can discuss them at a later time."

Mors sips his wine, and frowns at the taste.

Mors

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Vladislav Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:11 pm

"My grandsire would have enjoyed flaying that thing for a decade, such abuse of hospitality!"

Michael composes himself.

"I forget my place, my apologies. Please allow me to extend a trivial favor for my outburst, chamberlain, Sheriff. I will of course be on guard against such threats. They are not unknown in my homeland. Is there else I should know of Yorkshire? I have spoken with other travelers of course, but it is best to hear such things from the locals.

Michael Vladislav

Back to top Go down

Post by Mors Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:54 pm

"You owe me no such debt for honest words, and the Chamberlain is not here, so I doubt he has taken offense.

As for other threats, there are those that you would expect to find in the wild. Our court has a delegate from the fae, who appear to be more active than normal in these regions. There is political turmoil, but our chamberlain can tell you more about it. So aside from the wolves, the greatest threat to you is likely our kind. Thankfully the inquisition hasn't reached it's hand quite this far yet."

Mors

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:53 am

( I have been asked to review this scene and determine if metagaming has taken place I can say that based on what I know and what the characters know that no metagaming has taken place)-kable

Admin
Admin

https://buffaloavalon.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:07 am

Reynard enters the salon from one of the interior doorways, with panache.

"What's this? It sounds as if I have missed some excitement!"

He steps over to greet the unfamiliar Cainite.

"You must be Michael? Charmed."

And then turns to the Sheriff.

"And Mors! Always a pleasure!"

"In my tardiness have I missed out on greeting some worthy guest to the inauguration of my new salon?"
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Mors Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:22 am

"A pleasure to see you Reynard. I appreciate the, imposing, nature of the arrangements today. You did miss an individual, however he did not enter your salon as a guest. In your place I was bringing him some wine, but he disappeared in the same manner from which he arrived when I approached. I do not think you need fret over any perceived lack of hospitality."

Mors tone indicates that his actions were not acting in kindness towards the individual in question.

Mors

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Vladislav Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:58 am

Michael observes quietly the exchange between the sheriff and Chamberlain. He alternates between listening to public conversation and listening to the music playing

Michael Vladislav

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Reynard sighs.

"It appears that no harm has been done. Nevertheless, I do open this salon as a courtesy to the Cainites of the realm, and I would hope that people would treat it with respect." Reynard pauses.

"Sorry, I did not mean to preach to the choir."

"Now Michael, what brings you to our wondrous lands?"
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Vladislav Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Opportunity, mostly, and curiosity. My grandsire and his sire hold a great influence in my homeland. I would make a name for myself apart from them. I have been granted some twenty years to do so, though I have spent some of that time traveling.

Michael Vladislav

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Twenty years? That's hardly the blink of an eye for us. But many have made their name in less, I suppose. Have you set your sights on any particular manner of making a name for yourself?
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Vladislav Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:44 pm

I have dabbled in several fields, so far, but I find myself often turning back to influence over the mortal populace, with a little commerce on the side. My great grandsire lines tends to be quite adept, we run several....I think stables is the best word for the voivode of the region. These skills are required

Michael Vladislav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next