Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arrival of Reynard Tisserand

2 posters

Go down

The Arrival of Reynard Tisserand Empty The Arrival of Reynard Tisserand

Post by Reynard Tisserand Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:41 pm

Reynard Tisserand, a striking Frenchman, arrives at the University of York, bearing a letter from Baronet Domnal Boruma, Seneschal of Yorkshire, directing him to present himself at the University in York in order to discuss the particulars of his desire to relocate from Tours to Yorkshire.

Reynard displays this letter to the Elysium attendants, and politely awaits an audience with the relevant authority.
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

The Arrival of Reynard Tisserand Empty Re: The Arrival of Reynard Tisserand

Post by Simon Molendinarius Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:45 pm

A few men of the Order of the Holy Sepulcher mill about the University, ostensibly keeping order and ensuring the safety of those using the libraries or performing other duties.  When approached, however, they will respectfully take the letter and inform Reynard that they will deliver it immediately to their master.  After a time, a monk of obvious authority returns with the men and approaches Reynard.

Well met Monsieur Tisserand.  I am the Father Baron Molendinarius, Prelate to the Order of the Holy Sepulcher and domitor of Yorkshire.  I have reviewed your letter and I bid you welcome to my lands.

Please, have a seat so we may discuss what you must away from the ears of the commoners.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:59 pm

Reynard bows deeply to his grace, and follows to the indicated seating area. He waits to sit until after Father Molendinarius has taken a seat, or until he explicitly gestures for Reynard to do so.

"Thank you so much for seeing me, your Grace, and allowing me temporary passage into your domain. I am deeply honored. As I explained to your seneschal, I have been serving as Seneschal of Tours, and before that, I was Chamberlain of that modest domain. I have, however, grown tired of affairs in France, and have recently decided to relocate to England. I come here, by way of Orleans, humbly seeking your permission to establish a home for myself here within your domain, and, assuming you grant such permission, seeking also any counsel you see fit to offer on the particulars of where I might settle within this domain, or who within your domain I should consult regarding this topic."
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Sun May 01, 2016 1:22 am

I understand.  Anyone experienced and respected enough to Seneschal a domain in France is welcome to Yorkshire.  We are always in need of experience.

Tell me a little about yourself?  What sort of plans do you have here in Yorkshire?  How can I expect you to spend your time and direct your peasantry?

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Sun May 01, 2016 4:55 am

My specific plans will depend very much on who I meet here in York, and how I may be of service to them. I pride myself on being able to cater my projects to the individual personalities present in a community. So I would first seek to get to know the Cainites that reside here, so that I might best discover what role I might fill. And, of course, I also find this a highly agreeable way to spend my time in and of itself, as I personally relish every opportunity to meet new people.

I cannot give you too many details about my intended plans for the Kine; I have a very able servant who takes care of all the boring details involved in shepherding the flock. By calling them boring, I do not mean to suggest they are unimportant; far from it; the flock most interests me when they are conducting balls, parties and salons. And it is not hard to see that such celebrations only flourish among the kine when their more basic needs are met. So my only specific plan is to keep them in favorable enough circumstances that they do not cut back on their more elegant and fascinating diversions.
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Of course, the city of Scarborough's reputation for festive and social goings on (both among the Cainite and the Kine) is spoken of even in France. However, I have no desire to step on anyone's toes, and, of course, having just arrived here, I do not know whether there is anyone else from whom I should seek permission if I were to desire to establish myself in that city.

And of course, I recognize that your dispensation to reside here in York carries with it a reciprocal obligation on my part not merely to enjoy the security you provide as prince, but to do my humble part in maintaining and improving the lands you would so gracefully allow me to inhabit.
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Sun May 08, 2016 12:09 am

(etiquette York = yorkshire)
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Sun May 08, 2016 12:10 am

(oh jeez, and etiquette prince = baron)
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Fri May 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Scarborough would be an excellent place to make a home for now. There have been recent changes and I am afraid that area has less tending then one would desire. It is also the home of many important Toreador landmarks that would no doubt make you feel at home.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tisserand Fri May 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Most sincere thanks, your grace. I appreciate your taking the time to speak with me, and your gracious permission to reside within your barony. As I do not wish to take up any more of your valuable time, and as I have a great deal of work to do in preparing for my resettlement, I will depart at once, unless there are any other services I can render you, or any other information that you would ask from me at this time.

(Reynard patiently waits to be dismissed by Simon, and if Simon disnkases him, he bows, and leaves to make his arrangements).
Reynard Tisserand
Reynard Tisserand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down