Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon

+2
Brother Dominic
Simon Molendinarius
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon Empty Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon

Post by Simon Molendinarius Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:50 am

Cainites arriving will find the streets of York well maintained, with men from the Order taking shifts to clear major streets of snow. The walls of the Order polished white and layered with snow and ice. Men from the order bustle about in groups, working to maintain the complex and perform all the necessary chores.

After arriving and dealing with carriages and horses, the cainites will be ushered into a private hall set aside for their festivities. The hall is warmly lit from multiple fireplaces. Scents of spices, cinnamon, and cloves drift from large painted logs in the fireplaces.

A small stage set off in the corner has a few musicians playing gentle chamber music. They are cordoned off into an alcove that prevents them from seeing any of the guests present in the chamber, yet the sounds of their playing still drift through the hall.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon Empty Re: Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon

Post by Brother Dominic Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:15 am

Dominic arrives, clad, as usual in the simple brown robes of his order. The familiar black stone egg in hand, his satchel filled with notes, and the key dangling from a cord around his neck. He bows deeply to Baron Father Simon when he enters, and he finds an unobtrusive spot along the side of the room where he can lose himself in his thoughts a bit.
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon Empty Re: Arrival for Christmas/Solstice/Saturnalia Salon

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:23 am

::Soon after Dominic enters Sigfried arrives wrapped in several layers of warm pelts.as he enters his attendants strip the pelts off revealing detailed but modest festival clothes. He then approaches the salon and father Molendarius and bows::

I hope your holidays are blessed my Lord. I accept your invitation and how others do the same.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by MacLeod Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:13 pm

-MacLeod will arrives dressed in in cloths fitting for a noble party and a bear skin cloak. He gives a respectful bow to everyone in attendance.-
MacLeod
MacLeod

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Be welcome Sigfried. I hope your travels were not too harsh in this weather. Enjoy your stay, most needs have been taken care of for my guests.

Simon nods in greeting to MacLeod and Dominic

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by MacLeod Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:31 am

-MacLeod makes his way in to a place where he can sit down. he seems to talk to thin air for a moment then settles in relaxing.-

"Ahh... It's a beautiful night out there tonight."
MacLeod
MacLeod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:44 am

After a while, Marius enters. He comes hooded and robed as usual, but is wearing boots, likely in deference to the cold winter. He bows low to The Prince and seeks a suitably uncomfortable place to sit painfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:28 am

Simon takes a moment to approach MacLeod, quietly speaking at a volume that is clearly just for him... This lasts only a moment, after which he turns his attention back to the arriving guests.

Marius. May the blessings of the Lord be upon you at this joyous time. I hope you have some words for us later. I encourage anyone of faith to speak on this most holy of nights.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Marius nods at the Prince's words.

"Of course, Your Grace. God's blessings upon you as well. I believe I have a suitable sermon prepared and would be delighted to speak."

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Dominic Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:08 pm

As Marius finishes his sentence, Dominic begins convulsing and falls to the floor. His seizure is quiet, as usual, but intense. He drops his stone egg and it rolls towards the center of the room. The convulsions last a bit longer than usual (for those of you who have seen him seize before).
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:48 pm

Marius regards the seizing Cainite with a hooded gaze. After a moment, he clears his throat. Calmly, and without hesitation, he reaches into his pouch, removes a scrap of cloth. He rolls the cloth up and wedges it firmly in the Cappadocian's mouth between his teeth.

"So he does not bite his tongue off." The Priest offers, by way of explanation before retaking his perch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Dominic Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:15 pm

Several minutes later, when Dominic stops seizing, he begins scribbling notes frantically onto blank sheets from his satchel with one hand, while the other hand feels around the floor nearby for the stone egg. This continues for some minutes, and the egg is several feet away from his reach, but Dominic is too focused on his writing to glance around for the egg.
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:57 pm

Ichorst arrives a minute or two after the seizure, so catches none of it. He is dressed in finery, and is shaking snow off nearly every part of him.

"Evening all, I trust everyone is making the most out of the darkest times of the year."

He then goes and not so subtly peers over Brother Dominic's shoulder.

"Dominic, your fervor is quite legendary, but really, tonight should be a night of celebration....what have you here?"
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Dominic Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:35 am

A few moments after Ichorst speaks to him, Dominic finishes transcribing.

"Glhg-"
Dominic spits out the cloth that is in his mouth into his hand, then puts it in his satchel.

"Good evening, Ichorst..."

Dominic stammers some.

"I, umm, I....I did not see you come in..."

Dominic, now increasing in stress begins casting his glance around for the egg.

"Have you...have..."

"Have you, umm"

Dominic folds the notes he had been taking and places them at the bottom of his satchel without looking. Finally spotting the egg, he scrambles over towards it without standing, and clutches it in his hand, calming considerably.

"Have you been here long?"

Dominic's demeanor has mostly returned to normal, but he runs the egg back and forth in his hands with more fervor and frequency than usual, and seems to calm more as he does so.
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Ichorst's demeanor does not appear to flinch as Dominic scrambles for his egg.

"No, in fact, I am just arrived. Are you.....quite all right?"

Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Dominic Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Dominic continues fidgeting with the egg.

"Oh I..umm...yes..."

"No, of course. Everything is fine, just fine."

"I have have occasional spells of a sort; nothing to pay any mind to, of course."

As Dominic mentions the spells, he turns his gaze to the stone egg.

"They are quite infrequent, and usually occur at no particular provocation."

"So there is no point trying to discern whether some specific odor or noise or sight or event or remark that preceded the spell was responsible."

Dominic holds the egg forward so that Ichorst can see it.

"On a more interesting topic, my sire left me with this polished black stone egg telling me only that it was a riddle. I have been working on solving it for some time now. Do you enjoy riddles?"
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:59 am

Ichorsts' eyes twitch a bit wider at the mention of the word 'riddle'. His fingers twitch forward slightly. His eyes grow very dark.

"Indeed, interesting intricacies instill incredible iterations of intimate imitation. I implore, include into interrogation of this tumultuous target, to tear the very veil of veritas verily."

Ichorst blinks once and he is back to his normal visage.

"Yes. Yes I very much do, and would be thrilled if you allowed myself to aid in your solving of this puzzle.
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Dominic Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:50 am

"Of course, but...please, if you divine the answer, don't spoil it for me, I've been working at it for quite some time."

"My sire handed me this polished black stone egg, telling me it was a riddle whose solution would reveal something important about myself and our kind. As with many puzzles, I believe the first step is to decode the question the riddle is asking, and then one can start to work out how the object serves to answer the riddle."

Dominic, somewhat tentatively, holds the egg out to Ichorst as if to hand it to him.

"The only other information I have about the egg is that it comes from the northern reaches of Africa."
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Ichorst holds his hand out, but in a halting gesture.

"Thank you, Dominic, but not tonight. This evening is reserved for other things I believe. Another night, soon."
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Dominic Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:12 pm

"Very well"

Dominic seems to have returned to his usual demeanor. He places the stone egg into his satchel, checks to ensure the security of the notes he had taken down, and resumes silently pondering.
Brother Dominic
Brother Dominic

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Simon spends the next block of time greeting guests and offering refreshment or access to private chambers in order to freshen up after any required travels.

We will have a midnight mass shortly, but I would like to know if anyone other than Father Marius would like to say a few words? Again, this is open to all, so any festivities are allowed so long as they are not infernal in nature.

I have prepared a feast for those that wish to partake, so long as my property is respected. Please join us and be merry,

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:07 pm

Ichorst, do you fare well? I hope everything is going smoothly with you in these troubled times.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:37 am

Ichorst smiles slightly and inclines his head towards the Prince.

"Indeed, I have been devoting my time to acquainting myself with the Cainites of Yorkshire, and researching a few pet projects of mine. I've made some headway, which to those of our longevity is more than acceptable.
And times are always troubled, I seem to recall many stories of daring deeds, great heroes and villains. Such things imply a certain amount of trouble, so while I was somewhat concerned with the problems facing York upon my arrival, the competency of those here quickly allayed those minor twinges.
Now, I have to ask, this rumor of a monk and a prayer circulating about you....any truth to that?"

Ichorst is clearly amused by the idea.
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Molendinarius Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:39 am

With a slight bemused smile and a gentle shrug.

The lord works in mysterious ways...
To answer you though, yes and no. As with all rumors the events have been inflated by time and distance. Yet there is still a kernel of truth.
Mayhap this story is simply the best way for the common folk to understand something that is, well, more complex than that.

Simon Molendinarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Ichorst nods, his smile turning rueful.

"Such is the burden of one who seeks the truth of things. I often wonder if such exists as a static concept, or if there are ever only gradations. Perhaps you could bring us closer, or do they speak of your Embrace? Apologies if I am too bold..."
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next