Blood of Avalon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next time He was in York

2 posters

Go down

The next time He was in York Empty The next time He was in York

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:45 pm

::Baron Richmond approaches the rooms of Ichorst. His man announces him to any herald at the door, and presuming he is admitted into the waiting room, he stands, looking out through any window onto the grounds below, waiting for Ichorst to enter.::

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

The next time He was in York Empty Re: The next time He was in York

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:08 am

Ichorst enters, keeping Sigfreid waiting only a short time. Long enough to allow him to get his bearings, without seeming rude. Upon seeing him there, Ichorst will bow, and gesture to one of the upholstered chairs around the room.

“Welcome, Baron. Please, have a seat, make yourself at home. I would offer refreshment, but I would not be so gauche as to assume to know the particulars of a refined pallet as yours. Thank you for coming, I understand that you are originally of Richmond, but likely know a great deal about York….and its denizens. I am interested to hear more about the Domain, and how all the pieces of your fine demesne fit together."
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:06 am

I am Baron of richmond, but it is no secret that I have traveled before then.

There is much to know about York, and Yorkshire. I can tell you that for mos part then citizens of York are doing well, considering the shortage of food coming in these pre winter months. I can tell you that rumors abound of mystical things just beyond where the light touches.
Perhaps though I can be more specific if you let me know what interests you the most.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:32 pm

"I am most interested in difficulties that the Domain might be suffering from. I understand you and your men were involved in one such difficulty. Would you say these things are common occurrence, or thankfully rare?"
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:46 pm

As of yet, they have been rare. The occurrence you speak of was one that I would not expect to happen again for a very long time. It also seems that no matter who one would think was the culprit, they are no longer a concern. As for my part, I did only what I needed to to insure the safety of my domain.

We deal with other issues as any domain has to. Hunters hither and tither, food for the winter, and upstart childre who do not know their place in the world. hardly a season has passed since the fall of our previous lord, it is not uncommon to see some turbulence at this point.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:15 pm

"An excellent point, and I apologize if I seem hesitant or accusatory. I mean only to evaluate the needs you have here. It would be remiss to request those I represent to send arms and armaments for troops if what's actually needed are tools and amenities.
So that all aside, what would you like to see Avalon become? What hopes and dreams do you have for these fair lands, and how might we assist in that regard? I seek to hear as many and various dreams as possible. Our ports touch on near infinite swaths of resources, and I would hate for an opportunity to be missed."

Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigfried Le Danois Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:05 pm

::Sigfried turns to his host and a small smile stretched across his lips, pulling tight at the skin under his eye patch::

No apology necessary.

The men of the north grow tired and slovenly, afflicted with some plot with wine, though it seems that has been mostly dealt with. Food grows scarce, and resources are getting harder to come by as winter draws close, but I am no trader. There are others you could speak to in regards to that. Valance, perhaps, Giric, and Father Simon, mm, wolfgang is no longer with us.

The Tzimisce have culled themselves it seems, and the lasombra flock to fill the missing seats. A heavy pall rests over Avalon, and I would see it gone. To do that though, we must have cohesion, and I am afraid that the very nature of our being allows for none.

::Sigfried sighs, out of habit, more then necessity, and turns back to the window to look out on the darkness below, as the twinkling of window lights, and lanterns glow brightly::

Perhaps there is some hope, but not as we are now.

Thou may'st be interested in speaking with Father Dominic. He has some fairly vivid dreams about some vampiric university he is planning. Considering thy clans proclivities thou might be interested in what he has to say.

Sigfried Le Danois

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichorst the Emissary Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:26 am

Ichorst listens intently, and seems to be suitably impressed with Sigfrieds speech about the state of affairs in Avalon.

"Truly your heart matches the nobility of your birth. Were there a hundred of you, I daresay unjust war would be a thing for ancient mythical times.
I would offer this small ray of hope, good Baron, if I may. One does not ask a horse to track a deer, one does not expect a dog to assist in plowing the field. A thing is a thing and an animal is an animal. A person is as they have been made through time, experience, and blood.
Knowing what a Cainite tends towards, it is simply a matter of using them for the purpose they are meant for. Betrayal and deceit, violence and woe are only visible aspects of the inner truth. We call it the Beast, as if it is separate. Why? I do not suggest to accept it and be comfortable with it, but it must be acknowledged. It must be fed.
These, unwholesome or stagnant Cainites need only the proper incentives and proper situations to make the most use from them.
Who better than those of noble birth?"

Ichorst pauses, and takes a draught from a glass of vitae.

"I thank you for your references, they will keep me occupied for weeks to come I am sure. And thank you for your vision, it is refreshing to see one so vivid in these dark times."
Ichorst the Emissary
Ichorst the Emissary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down